Position: Group CEO, Coastal Marine Construction & Engg
Vivek believes he is a natural mentor, he loves the process and finds it enriching and fulfilling. His multi-industry experience has equipped him well to understand and guide companies in their journey towards success.
Vivek believes his rich entrepreneurial experience of over 8 years in the 90s has instilled ability to take ownership and lead initiatives. He prides himself on his Unique ability to break-down complex business or operational issues into simple, discrete tasks and align suitably with business objectives. He has good experience in building and streamlining business processes across functions
Summary of skills and experience:
• Experienced strategist, business leader and mentor.
• Total industry experience of about 28 years with over 17 years of managing Profit Centers and/or as CEO with independent P&L responsibility. Last 6+ years as CEO of ₹400 Cr. size, Mumbai based specialist marine construction company with over 500 employees.
• Excellent cross-functional experience, spanning across Management, Operations, Sales and Marketing. Unique ability to grasp new businesses quickly.
• Excellent cross-industry sector and cross-culture experience.
• Over 8 years of entrepreneur experience. Responsible for successfully building 3 businesses from start-up stage. Founded India’s first internet technology training company in 1996 and launched a fully functional e-com portal (e-shopindia.com) in 1999.
• Over 12 years experience in IT industry.
• 3 years’ rich experience of working in USA with the world’s largest eLearning Solutions provider as Director (Business Development), managing/servicing Fortune 10 clients.
• Experience and capability in developing and managing relationships with CXO level. Well networked in Industry.
• Experience and capability in structuring and managing, large, complex accounts/projects, contracts and RFP/formal bidding process.
• Experience of independently closing several large size deals with top Fortune companies and government departments in India and overseas.
• Good exposure and understanding of M&A process.
• Excellent understanding of market trends and application to business models and start-ups.
CEO, COO, Strategy, Managing profit centres, Operations, Business Development, Marketing & Sales, Account Management, M&A, Entrepreneur, Elearning, Consulting, Alliances, Start-ups, Business plan development and evaluation, marine construction, desalination business